What is Phosphorus?
- What is phosphorus and nutrient pollution (US EPA) >>
- Phosphorus and water (U.S. Geological Survey) >>
- Learn more about phosphorus sources to Lake Champlain >>
- Learn about the most recent trends in phosphorus loading in Lake Champlain >>
- The Phosphorus Challenge (Vermont Federation of Lake and Ponds) >>
What is the TMDL?
- Vermont Lake Champlain Phosphorus TMDL (VT DEC) >>
- Lake Champlain Phosphorous TMDL: A Commitment to Clean Water (EPA) >>
- Total Maximum Daily Loads (TMDLs) – (NYSDEC) >>
- TMDL Program – US EPA Office of Water >>
What’s Being Done?
- Vermont TMDL Phase 1 Implementation Plan >>
- Lake Champlain TMDL Implementation & Wastewater Treatment Plants >>
- Vermont TMDL Implementation EPA Progress Reports and Report Cards >>
- Vermont Pay for Phosphorus Program >>
- Vermont Better Roads Program >>
- Vermont Functioning Floodplain Initiative >>
- USDA NRCS Agricultural Conservation Easement Program >>
What Can I Do?
Volunteer With a Local Watershed Group
From river and lake cleanups to tree plantings to public outreach, you can help restore and protect the Lake Champlain Basin.